JP REYNOLDS WEDDING BLOG!

How To Stay Sane While Planning for Your Wedding!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Best Quote Of the Year!



Last weekend, I officiated a wedding.  We were five minutes from “show time” and the event planner had sequestered me with the groom and his groomsmen.

At one point Pete, the groom, turned to me and with some exasperation said, “This is stupid! Why am I a mess?”

I laughed.  The groomsmen laughed.  Pete kinda laughed.

It’s probably one of the best questions I’ll hear all year!

So, why was Pete a mess?  While I can’t say for certain, I think it has to do with what the writer Madeleine L’Engle claimed:


“But ultimately there comes a moment when a decision must be made. Ultimately two people who love each other must ask themselves how much they hope for as their love grows and deepens, and how much risk they are willing to take.  Because it is the nature of love to create, a marriage itself is something which has to be created, so that,
together we become a new creature.

To marry is the biggest risk in human relations that a person can take

No wonder Pete was a mess!

No comments: