JP REYNOLDS WEDDING BLOG!

How To Stay Sane While Planning for Your Wedding!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Living In the Light Of Your Partner


The Sunday edition of The New York Times is known for many wonderful sections, including its Weddings section.  Each week they profile a couple with a unique or whimsical angle to their story.

This item is one that I was utterly charmed by. . .the last sentence is what got me. . .and I think it will get you. . .!



The New York Times
July 13, 2003
Cheryl Kleinman and Frank Palombo
By LOIS SMITH BRADY

Featured in Vows, July 25, 1993

Before Cheryl Kleinman married Frank Palombo 10 years ago, she was a wedding-cake maker living in Greenwich Village with her beloved cat, Betty. She was single, footloose and artsy. He was a practical divorced electrician with two young daughters. She had grown up in a small Jewish family in New Jersey, while he belonged to a large Roman Catholic Italian clan on Staten Island.

On their 10th anniversary this week, she expects that he will give her something like a power saw or glue gun. For her birthdays, he has built her a screened-in back porch and a marble fireplace.

Ms. Kleinman said, "There were times when I thought: `what was I thinking? I should have married a nice Jewish boy who knows I want diamonds for every birthday.'" She then added: "But I'm really glad we're so different. I don't know how to screw in a light bulb. Without him, I'd be living in the dark."

No comments: