JP REYNOLDS WEDDING BLOG!

How To Stay Sane While Planning for Your Wedding!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

20 Questions To Get You Thinking!



John Gottman is a relationship guru – and that is not an exaggeration.  He’s written bestselling books on relationships and marriage, he’s appeared on Oprah, et.al.

I’m not sure where I came across the following list of 20 Questions, BUT according to Gottman, the more of these questions you and your partner can answer AND the more happy and satisfied you are with those answers, then the stronger is your relationship.

Because of the recent divorce of dear friends of mine, I am now, more than ever, on a ”talking is essential” kick!

So, why don’t you and your partner take some time and consider these questions.

Enjoy!


1. I can name my partner's best friends.

2. I know what stresses my partner is currently facing.

3. I know the names of some of the people who  have been irritating my partner lately.

4. I can tell you some of my partner's life dreams.

5. I can tell you about my partner's basic philosophy of life.

6. I can list the relatives my partner likes the least

7. I feel that my partner knows me pretty well

8. When we are apart, I often think fondly of my partner.

9. I often touch or kiss my partner affectionately.

10. My partner really respects me.

11. There is fire and ·passion in this relationship.

12. Romance is definitely still part of our relationship.

13. My partner appreciates relationship.

14. My partner generally likes my personality.

15. Our sex life is mostly satisfying.

16. At the end of the day my partner is glad to see me.

17. My partner is one of my best friends.

18. We just love talking to each other.

19. There is lots of give and take in our discussions.

20. My partner listens respectfully, even when we disagree.

No comments: