JP REYNOLDS WEDDING BLOG!

How To Stay Sane While Planning for Your Wedding!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who Do You Want To Be On Your 10th Wedding Anniversary?


I’m always clipping articles and scribbling down quotes, images, ideas.  Oftentimes, though, I forget to record where an article or idea came from and that’s the case with the quote below.  I think it’s a great insight and I think it offers another way to reflect upon what you want to write in your vows or in a letter you give your partner on your wedding day.

Partners can help each other acquire the qualities they want to acquire by being explicit about their goals and ambitions.  Have a frank talk about who you want to be in ten years––whether it’s more outgoing, more patient, or more adventurous, suggests Eli Finkel.Ph.D. Doing so can help ensure that you understand and support each other’s vision for “how I see my best life.”   

So, who do you want to be on your 10th wedding anniversary?  Do you know who your partner wants to be?