JP REYNOLDS WEDDING BLOG!

How To Stay Sane While Planning for Your Wedding!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Above The Call Of Duty


Normally I don’t post pics of myself, as I don’t like the way I look in photos, even though I work with some of the most talented photographers in the world (don’t ask)!

Today, though, I make an exception and post what has become my all time fav wedding photo. . .

A week ago I officiated the wedding of Yvonne and Jon at the Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.  After their exchange of vows and rings, they honored their mothers with the presentation of roses.

They went first to Yvonne’s mother—kiss-kiss, hug-hug, cry-cry and they then went over to Jon’s mother.  As his mother stood to give him a hug, her elbow knocked over the pedestal on which was a tubular glass vase filled with gardenias!

I’ve heard about people experiencing something in slow-mo and I’ve seen enough movies with slow-mo moments; however, I never experienced it for myself until last Sunday!  I remember looking at the vase as it tilted and thought, “wow, that vase is going to fall over.”  And then I thought, “wow, that vase really is going to fall down.”  And then I thought, “hmm. . .I wonder if I can catch it.”

Well, I didn’t catch it, but a guest caught this photo. . .

If you’re visiting my blog for the first time and haven’t decided if you want to hire me, you now can see that I really do take excellent care of you and am ready to go above and beyond the call of duty!

Cheers!